Im at stage in life where most people my age seem to be getting engaged and married off. Yay for them. I just love happy couples. Really, some of them I do. Doesnt mean that they dont also make me sick on some level. Yes, Im envious - I can admit it. Id love to be in love. Id love to be planning my life with that person. And Id also like to be rocking a beautiful ring on my left hand. This brings me to the real point of this blog -
Engagement Rings. It seems today that the trend is for girls to post pictures of their diamonds on facebook and myspace. Many of my friends have absolutely gorgeous, huge diamonds (I consider "huge" being anything over 1 ct. or with a special design - future husband, read now. Anything less that 1ct WILL be laughed at. I am a girl who loves her jewelry. Lets aim for 1.5, I mean really.). But it leaves me wondering about girls that dont post close up pictures of their rings - are they doing this because they are modest - or are these rings really sub par? All my friends that I know for a fact have the beautiful rings posted close ups. Yet I also know many other girls that have 379283982938 pictures on facebook/myspace (meaning, they are INTO pictures. love them. take them constantly) that will not post a close up for all us out in the cyber world to see. Leaves me wondering - is the ring worth seeing anyways? Im sorry I dont believe some of these girls are just doing the nice thing, trying not to be so flashy. I think they just arent that pround.... But Im the eternal cynic.
No comments:
Post a Comment