Sunday, January 4, 2009

Intimidating? Say what?

Apparently I have a problem and Im really not too sure what to do about it. Last night while in downtown Raleigh w/ my friend I was told by two different guys that I was intimidating. One guy that I really cant recall said it - and through a conversation with another, the second guy agreed with it. This isnt the first time that Ive been told such a thing - but I honestly dont understand it. It makes me feel bad - that perhaps I come off as unapproachable. I have the confidence to consider myself a fairly attractive person - yet I do have a hard time meeting others when out. I realize that I am a very critical person - I tend to take in every person and thing around me and make a judgement - And maybe that process shows on my face. But intimidating? Unapproachable? I can hardly believe that you could figure that out about me just by looking across the room. Perhaps if you actually got to know me, well that might be a different story ;)

1 comment:

  1. I know we kind of already had this conversation, but here I go. I've had people tell me the same thing about me. If a guy wants to get in good with me, he has to be able to handle it. I know talking to girls is supposed to be super scary butttt I need someone who isn't so chicken. I need someone who can match me. If you come talk to me, and it doesn't go the way you planned, hey! let's be friends? Why is such a soap opera? Besides Jill, why wouldn't you be intimidating? You're beautiful, smart, confident, etc. A guy would be lucky to have you on their side!

    ReplyDelete