As many of my beloved blog followers - yes, all two of you - already know, I work with middle school aged kids. Sometimes the things they say really get to me. Youd think at 23 I wouldnt be quite so self conscious, nor would I care what a 14 year old had to say - But, alas, I do. Today one of my more favored students said something along the lines of, "Miss Jill what did you do to your hair? It looks... frizzy?" I immediately felt two inches tall and had the urge to run to the bathroom to check out my CURLY hair. This morning I just used styling products and let it dry into its natural curly/wavy state - and its an obvious difference from my straighten hair - but wow, frizzy? I think not. Honestly I think he was trying to give me a compliment on my hair - people were asking all day if I had it cut or colored - but boyyyy did his plan backfire. I am probably now going to go months worrying about my frizzy hair.
Another goodie that has me ultra paranoid - A few months back I got new glasses. They are of the big nerdy kind, the thick black frames that are kinda in style right now. Ive been wearing glasses since I was six but Ive never owned any like this - So I was already a lil nervous about wearing them. Well my biggest fears came to light when one of the high school students - who is also white and also wears big black frames - said something along the lines of those glasses making my head look big. Man oh man since then I have not been able to wear my glasses out in public without the fear of having a HUGE head. Thanks to you kiddo, thanks a ton.
Boy the things kids say.
No comments:
Post a Comment